Sunday, July 09, 2006

This is the Last Time (again)

I really didn't want to go back here in the motherland this soon. At least not until I've gotten homesick. One month in, I was still having the time of my life. It was a vacation plus a new opportunity, not only on work, but in life. I had to learn to be self-reliant, independent, and be more mature.

IMG_2598

I did get to meet and catch up with old friends, which is always refreshing. I played a game of basketball with (my dad's) Greenhills quality shoes (absolutely not to be used for anything other than standing around in). I got to eat food I used to enjoy eating. I was able to visit places that I used to bum around in and window shop. I managed to buy (relatively) inexpensive clothes and items. And again, I got to experience weather I've decided that I love: cool and wet. And the fresh air that comes after. And the wacky sensationalist news. And the awesome cable TV shows. And the farce that was the Pacquiao versus [opponent]. And the lovely sights1.

Aaaand, again, I'm leaving them all behind to face the life I've chosen.

And so, fare thee well. Au revoir. Sa muling pagkikita.

--

Footnotes

1 The conversion rate between pretty ladies in Manila as compared to Singapore is: 1 sale night in Power Plant Mall is roughly equal to 1 month worth of people shopping around Orchard Road. Mabuhay ang Pilipinas!

No comments: