Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Don't you Shiver?

I remembered a conversation a I had with a couple of people on my first day at work in Singapore. We were talking about each other's backgrounds and I learned that they come from various non-tropical countries. Places like Canada, Australia, New Zealand. And so I quipped that I've experienced spring, summer and I've yet to experience autumn and winter. Also that I haven't seen snowfall.

They said winter/snow overrated.

What the fuck? Way to burst my bubble.

Anyway, I realize that the proper response to someone saying "oh, I haven't experienced something-something" is "you should see for yourself and knock yourself out."

I was talking to a colleague who was originally from Liverpool who works with me in Singapore and now is currently on business trip to London. I told how I love this weather and that I can't get enough of it. He said it's a novelty that will wear off after a few days. I said that I didn't think so especially when I remember the boring humidity in Singapore and that I have been living in the tropics all my life.

So I love this weather, hovering around 9°-15°C because of the intermittent showers. I like the way that mist comes out of your mouth everytime you exhale. I like how you constantly walk around like you were wearing a blanket. I like how you breathe in the cold air that fills your lungs. And of course, I like how I get to wear these things that I don't normally wear.

Nice and chilly. It's getting colder and colder by the day.

No work for Manila and Singapore. In London, a normal cold work day.

5 comments:

barookie said...

i guess i'll just say then "you should see snow for yourself." hehehe!!!

i enjoy the cold weather as well. So much bearable than warm weather.

Unknown said...

Cold...brrrrr...

Anonymous said...

eh di dapat nagstay ka na alng dito sa winter wonderland na opis natin :P hehehehe

Unknown said...

Ayaw ko nga! Gusto ko natural weather!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your stay there. =) Pwede ka rin punta sa snow city when you go back dito sa Singapore. =P