Tuesday, December 05, 2006

27

In the drafts section of blog is a half-finished melodramatic potential "essay" on how depressing or at least how different it is to be celebrating a birthday away from family and home. That post is never going to see light after what happened last weekend.

I'll elaborate some other time but at least let me say that I'm happy with how my birthday celebration turned out to be. I was treated to a surprise party (surprised party!), a couple of sweet greetings and phone calls from my friends, snail-mail from home, gifts galore and Pinoy home-cooking (with the traditional pancit for long life).

Some of my new toys: a Canon photo-printer (thanks Nes!), and 120GB External Backup drive from myself.

--

I'm also set to go to Manila this Dec 27 - Jan 8. Tickets were a lot more expensive than normal. PAL has return tickets for $900, Singapore Airlines for $700, and the low cost fliers, Cebu Pacific, JetstarAsia hovering at around $500. Thank God for agencies and their group bookings, I got a ticket home for $395 flying PAL.

I'm planning to meet a lot of people when I'm there. So if you're reading this, I hope we get to see each other in a couple of weeks. Please don't mention that I've gained weight :P

4 comments:

bonita said...

hey ton! belated happy birthday! :D when exactly? ;) (uy you're older than me pala! :D hehe)

awww, you won't be able to make it on our wedding! extend extend! :D

Unknown said...

December 1!

Haha. Yeah, sayang di ako makakaattend ng wedding niyo for one reason or another ;) Lapit na niyan!

Anonymous said...

belated happy birthday!!! :D tsk sorry nakalimutan ko hehe.

ayan, talagang mas matanda ka na sakin ha ;)

puedeng magpabili? or better yet, pabili ng pasalubong hehe.

wag mo kaming kalimutan kitain ha ;)

Unknown said...

Grabe, nakalimutan na nga, magbibilin pa, tsk!

Kita na lang tayo sa labas. Yoko pumasok sa Meralco. Daming bad memories. Joke! :P