Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Give Me A Break

I'm tired.

We moved to the new apartment this weekend. It involved wrapping, packing, disassembling, carrying, pushing, pulling, placing, assembling, unpacking, and throwing away the junk. It also cost a lot of money, mind you. To add to that, we had to clean the old apartment; everything including the kitchen sink.


We're a bit more settled in already, two days after. I have two boxes of reject clothes for the Salvation Army or to send home.


Commute feels different, of course. It requires more walking under the humid weather and the morning sun. Serangoon MRT Station is just around 10 minutes leisure walk away. We can see it from good old twelfth floor.

I'm tired.



Two of my colleagues have decided to move on. That makes me the most experienced one in the team. Unfortunately, that event created a big hole in terms of system knowledge, and we have a big release coming up. One of the proposed solutions to mitigate that problem involved me possibly going somewhere again. But it's not likely to happen. Weirdly enough, I sense both disappointment and relief. Now the deadlines are inching forward, and the load ever increasing.

I'm tired.

I joined this basketball team in a tournament for Filipino IT people here in the country. I can't even join them in practice because I'm busy with work. Now, the tournament starts on Sunday. I haven't even paid my fees yet. The worst part, really, is that I'm not in shape to compete with younger, taller, stronger, faster, more driven and more talented opponents.

I'm tired. It's past 1am. It's raining hard. Please redirect all shit elsewhere.

No comments: