Sunday, April 20, 2008

For Their Viewing Pleasure

SMS from mom:

Nanonood na ng tv si papa. Ganda! Diniliver 30 mins ago. Salamat ulit. Love you!

I did make mention before about buying some things for my parents. No real occasion, but maybe it'll cover the birthday gifts I've failed (and will fail) to give on their birthdays and gift-giving holidays.

For my mom, I bought a brand new Canon Powershot A470 to replace the handed-down Canon IXUS something-something (2.0 megapixel ancient artifact bought in 2001) that I gave her a couple of years back. Of course all good things come with a price:

Mama (4/17/2008 7:52:02 AM): okay. nagamit ko na yung camera dun sa first meeting namin sa reunion. sa ganda ng camera ko, ako ang pinagdadala ng camera sa reunion. ano sila sinuswerte. gawin daw ba akong photograher

For my dad (and the house), I got a good deal on a 32" Panasonic LCD TV from Best Denki. This was part of the IT Show last March. When I went back in Manila last March, true enough, the TV costs a lot more over there even with the shipping and handling I had to pay for to send the TV home from Singapore. I'd say I saved just under 20,000 pesos for that thing. So it was a good feeling.

Should be nice to see them enjoy the TV when I come home on Saturday. I just hope they don't forget to stop watching it to pick me up from the airport.

No comments: