Tuesday, March 21, 2006

DSL: Do Stay up Late. Won't somebody think of the children?!

Much like when I discovered Civilization I, II, Alpha Centauri,
SimCity4 and The Sims, I was again tempted to stay up until the wee
hours of the morning with my new toy, an ADSL connection.

Brief background on Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line. Generally,
ADSL connections have more bandwidth for downloads as compared to
uploads. It still runs through existing phone lines but using
different frequencies. And of course, you need an ADSL modem for that.

So this is PLDT Plan 999 Unlimited. And it's mine, all mine! Even the bill! :P

First thing of course is dealing with some unfinished business like
uploading the rest of the pictures from my Hong Kong trip. It's all in
flickr, 600+ shots. Not all of them good, though, but it's worth
taking anyway.

Next is playing around with Google Earth, swooping over cities and landmasses.

Software updates galore of course. I hope I don't get bored early with
having ADSL.

My mom, of course, appreciates the fact that it doesn't tie up the phone lines.

--

Funny thread going on in our Ateneo high school class mailing list.
Here's the gist of it:

T: Hi guys, sorry for telling everyone this late, but I got married
already and my wife is expecting.

Everybody: Congrats!...

D: Anybody else?

N: Me too, we're expecting a baby. But we haven't gotten married yet.

Everybody: Congrats!

C: I'm pregnant!

Everybody: :|

What can I say, it's certainly a very pro-life group of people.

So there, congratulations to Terry & Isabel, Nicol & Ange, Pao & Frankie!

To paraphrase Nicol, they're not bhoys anymore, they're men anymore!

1 comment:

barookie said...

i was a bit surprised with the sudden burst in messages being transmitted.