Sunday, March 05, 2006

LOST, Flickr, La Niña, and rants galore.

I've written about this before. And I say again, if you're a serious LOST fan waiting for AXN-Asia to air Season 2 of the hit TV show, LOST, the wait is over.

Tomorrow, Monday, they'll show the 2-hour season premiere in which the answers themselves raise more questions. The episode is very nicely done, and the score is good. Watch it, damn you!

--

So what else's been happening? Well, I still feel vindicated about pushing that Puerto Galera trip last weekend, when the situation in the Metro got a bit edgy, but the weather stayed perfect. On the other hand, had we pursued with plan B (doing it over this weekend), I'm afraid we could have encountered a little La Niña. Again, you can have a look at our little vacation.

I've also been given a sponsored Flickr pro account. Unfortunately, I couldn't find time to upload days 2 and 3 of my Hong Kong trip, which included the outskirts (hehe) of Disneyland Hong Kong.

My mom says, I can travel wherever and whenever I want to, and that it's just a matter of priorities. She's absolutely correct. If I don't care about rainy days, I might as well splurge. But at my age, rainy days are as important as tomorrow's meal.

--

Again, I've been very-very busy in and out of work. I've also been reaching out to friends and making an effort. I haven't seen some of them in months, even years. You just don't know when you'll need them, and vice-versa. I have a feeling that one day, I'll be missing each and every one of them a lot, but then that's another story and maybe another post. Summer outing, gimik or drinking session anyone? Anything but this year's Live AIDS. Drei, I'll give you the Good Will Hunting treatment. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault...

Beach tip: Get one of those foldable beach banigs for P99.00 in Watson's.

--

PLDT Vibe officially sucks. It dials but doesn't connect. If it connects, there's a chance it might disconnect you. What sort of amateur ISP are these clowns running? If you want a reliable dial-up connection, you might as well go prepaid. It's been one year. Though it has saved me some cash, I spent a lot of grief. I don't know if it's worth it. Probably not.

2 comments:

barookie said...

i actually want to go around and tour the US. unfortunately, i have work and i can't really get any vacation time from it, since i will be there for only until May.

hopefully after the wedding, franny and i will be able to find time afterwards.

Unknown said...

Aah, travelling. Lifestyles of the rich and famous.

Yeah, you can go around the Philippines or Southeast Asia too.