Wednesday, January 10, 2007

2006: The Year of Change (Part Two)

Career started to take off. Made a lot of new friends. Reconnected with old ones. Strengthened existing ones.

The trip to London was extremely memorable. A lot of firsts. First business trip. First time in Europe. First time to miss a flight. It proved even more that I was capable of a lot of things, and in many aspects.

IMG_4107IMG_3962

Singapore was a blast. For the first time in my life, I was able to do whatever I wanted provided I just take care of myself. And with this newfound freedom, I was able to focus more on myself and what I can do.

[I don't usually spills my guts out here, but anyway...]

And so that has been the theme for 2006: The change in me. It's not where I am, where I go, how much I'm making, what I am spending it on... but rather, what I make of myself, where I'm headed, and how I get myself there. How melodramatic. But that doesn't make it less true.

I've been through a lot last year. A LOT. Goods things and bad things. Of careers, friends and loves. One of the lessons I've learned was that you should take all these things, swallow them, and become better. Never try to forget or escape. Always be thankful for everything.

I've been given a blank slate for 2007. It's all up to me.

2 comments:

missyosigirl said...

One of the lessons I've learned was that you should take all these things, swallow them, and become better. Never try to forget or escape.

so true ;)

basketball season na, miss ka namin coach ton! :D

Unknown said...

:)

Yehey! Good luck! Miss ko na rin magbasketball. Halos six months na rin since last ako naglaro.