Monday, January 29, 2007

Quickies

My mom showed me pictures of the work being done to my room in Manila. They're cementing most of as termites were infesting a good portion of it. That part of the house was just an extension to the original design of the house.

It's way overdue. Termites destroyed my precious comic collection some months ago and prompted me to get a blog just to vent. Since then I've been venting out on other things.

--

A couple of interesting reads went around through email: Jim Paredes' blog post and John Gokongwei's Commencement Exercises speech. (The latter I can email to you from work, if you want)

It's interesting how you can effect change just through experience and words.

--

Phoenix Suns are unstoppable! And fun to watch as well. Now THAT is how basketball is played.

--

I've finished reading Good Omens recently. It took me quite a couple of train rides and sit-down sessions (you know) to finally be done with it. It's quite funny in a twisted blasphemous sense.

So now I'm off to another book, High Fidelity, as recommended by my lovely friend, who thought I'd like it a lot. I'm enjoying it so far. I haven't seen the movie, so I've really got no idea how this one plays out.

--

Ok, I've got the consumer sales in Singapore all figured out. All the other people here probably know about these quarterly events already. But it goes:

March: IT Show
June: PC Show
Aug/Sept: Comex
Nov/Dec: Sitex

Additionally,
May - July: The Great Singapore Sale

So plan your visits and let's meet up ;)

--

I'm planning my trips this year:

Feb: Bintan
Dec: Manila

If I get a U.S. visa,
June: San Francisco, Las Vegas, Houston, New York

Or else,
March: Hong Kong
2Q/3Q: Australia

And scattered trips around Southeast-Asia if finances allow (but it probably won't be)

I hope it happens for me this year. It's nice to plan, then life would get in the way but you keep trying anyway.

--

I recently signed up for Last.fm. To check what sort of junk I'm listening to, click here.

Tell me if you've signed up already and let's connect.

--

Yesterday, we took a free introductory course to kickboxing. It's an active aerobic exercise, and I got easily winded (because I'm out of shape and overweight!). I'm thinking about continuing, which will cost me a good $20 per session. I mean, I just got a bike for $100 already.

Microsoft Money, tell me what to do!

3 comments:

drei said...

a friend told me it's one of those books daw na better ang movie. i haven't read the book, but the film is one of my all time fave!

Anonymous said...

i knew you'd like it -- it has music, it has angst, and nagbibinata rin yung protaganist, just like you :P

haven't watched the movie though... i have a copy pero sa sobrang resist ko panoorin before finishing the book, nakalimutan ko na panoorin hehe.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to finish it. :D