Thursday, March 15, 2007

Homesick

It finally happened. I feel like shit having this sore throat, which prevented me form going to work today. I might not go tomorrow either to have a check up at one of the clinics.

It's times like these when you miss being home and taken cared of. Again, I don't regret my choice of going away from home and duking it out myself. Still, it feels nice to be taken cared of.

Something has stolen my voice, and I need the doctor to tell me what to do. I sincerely HOPE, they don't give me just painkillers. They usually do. At least give me antibiotics.

And give me another weekend to waste at home.

--

I blame the weather, though. I believe it was that sudden downpour last Tuesday which got me. By Wednesday, I was coughing throughout the day until it became uncontrollable. Must've caught something.

--

What a bad time to be sick. I was bent on starting on the get-to-300 shape (you know what I mean) for the next couple of weeks. This is in preparation for the Phi Phi trip during the Easter weekend. Less than a month away. The arrangements for the trip just got confirmed today, so we're all set.

Last Wednesday, an email was sent out inviting participation on the JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge. It's a 5.6Km run just around central Singapore. I wanted to join just to prove something to myself. Alas, it's in jeopardy with this condition of mine. I should've started training days ago.

I'm such a weakling. Whatever the hell happened to my immune system?

Used to be, back in high school, I'd go just one day absent in an entire school year. And if I had gotten sick, I wasn't filled with self-pity like now.

--

In lighter news, I managed to buy Fa Yeung nin wa, also known as In the Mood for Love on DVD, however. Good for my collection. A Wong Kar-wai classic.

--

Did I mention that I feel like shit?

4 comments:

drei said...

pag may sakit ako nahohomesick din ako. but then you're making singapore you're other home now, so it won't be that hard anymore. ;)

pagaling ka ton! nakita ko si toto kanina sa building, at kahapon si tere sumama sa aking mini bday picnic sa sunken garden. hehe.

Unknown said...

Yeah, but nobody's home to make arrozcaldo :P

Kita ko rin si Toto a few weeks back dito. And Tere, well earlier this year :P

Belated Happy Bday Drei!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ton, take daily dose of vit. C to avoid getting sick. Take care!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks Len! Come visit! :D