Monday, March 12, 2007

March On

I recently survived a financial diagnostic test of sorts, covering topics in investment banking. With luck and effort, I managed to pass the 32-item exam with a not-so-pathetic grade of 24 (75%). Passing is 60%. I'm quite proud, considering there are questions like "What's the minimum tick size of a DAX 30 futures contract?" or "the differences between futures and forward rate agreements". Enough to drive you N.U.T.S.

It's all good education nonetheless. The thousand-page information that I've squeezed in my brain should leak out in the next few weeks to come. It's never to be heard of or seen again. Except perhaps in my resume.

So what now?

We'll I've managed to save myself a couple more training sessions and tests because of this. And I'll be able to concentrate more on the real work that pays me every month.

--

Work hard and play hard. We're also set on going to Phi Phi Island on the Easter weekend. It's where the movie, The Beach was shot. It should be fun. I haven't been to any part of Thailand before. Thank God for the visa-free entry for ASEAN members.

We were thinking of either Krabi, Phuket, Langkawi or Cebu at the beginning. However, might as well go the distance, so to speak. It's not cheap whatever our British expats say about it. It makes quite a dent, in fact to savings. So let's hope it's all worth it.

--

So to immerse myself in the memory that will be the Phi Phi Island trip, I've trekked to the IT Show in Suntec and found myself a couple of good buys. How about a 2GB Kingston SD card for my battered and bruised camera for $25 (around P750.00)? Not bad eh?

Anywho, I'm not rich or dedicated enough to buy a "wasteful-for-me" DSLR, running upwards of a thousand dollars at least. I know a people who did, though. (And she has my full support, as long as she includes me sometimes in her pictures). So good luck with that.

--

Now, let's move onward with the abs-tastic movie 300. What can I say, it's another spectacular film WORTH watching. It's visually stunning, very creative, and the girls seem to like the Spartans so much. Incidentally, I hope those washboard abs will be nominated for best supporting cast on an awards event somewhere. Go see it!

The Men on Film sketch of In Living Color would have loved this one.

I'm thinking of buying the graphic novel. Still thinking...

--

I have such a headache today. Almost done with laundry. It's probably the Indian food that I ate this lunch. OK, I got carried away. Anyway, for dinner, I made a sandwich with breakfast ham, cheese, some greens and butter on toast. I had nonfat yoghurt for dessert.

Gotta have chiseled abs for Phi Phi. The clock is ticking.

--

It's a good week for friends last week. Hope to see them more often.

2 comments:

drei said...

speaking of 300, check mo tong link:

http://www.solaceincinema.com/2006/10/04/300-comic-to-screen-comparison/

gusto ko mag double time sa gym after the movie! hehe!

Unknown said...

Pinakita sa akin 'to ni Shelley before. Ang galing!