Saturday, March 24, 2007

20th Singapore International Film Festival, 18th-30th April, 2007

I caught an interesting programme for the upcoming film festival here in Singapore. I still remember trekking out to Greenbelt to catch excellent films in Cinemanila. Those films were my aids for cultural immersion, and gave us all a taste of world cinema without having to look very hard for it. I've discovered a couple all-time favorite films in these film festivals: The Ring, In the Mood For Love, Y Tu Mama Tambien, Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros, etc.

There are quite a number of films which I would like to see, if schedule permits. In fact, I'd like to see all Filipino entries to start with. They're showing Kubrador and Imahe Nasyon among others and I might just catch them after work.

Tickets normally cost $8.40 plus $1 booking fee through SISTIC. It's priced much like a normal movie around here.

No comments: