Friday, July 01, 2005

Google Maps

From the moment they announced the availability of Google Maps and Google Earth, I've become addicted to it. I'm a bit of a geography buff. I always like to know where I am on a map, whether inside or outside the country. As a result I've found a nice looking satellite picture of our house in Bulacan. It's the one in the middle with a white roof and a light blue swimming pool at the side. The white road below it is the Tabe Temporary Exit (now closed) connecting to the (North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) going to Tabang Exit to the left and the main highway to the right.

The satellite pictures in Manila aren't as high-res, I wonder why.

Anyway, you can look around some landmarks such as : the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel Tower in Paris, The Pyramids of Giza, the Forbidden City in Beijing, and a low-res Boracay Island.

No comments: