Sunday, July 24, 2005

Grandmas say the darndest things

Just came from Lourdes Hospital where my grandma is confined. For what reason, who knows? Some vague stomach condition perhaps. Anyway, they'll do some tests on here this following week and we all hope she'll be released by the weekend. Then they have to go all the way back to Bulacan, where they've been staying since around 1995. Yep, they're the ones that live here.

Anyway, I wore my Nike Frees that Joey gave me. Depending on your outlook on life, it could feel as comfortable as a shoe can feel, or it could kill your feet too. That's because these shoes are built on the philosophy that your feet should be doing the walking and running, and not the shoes. So it actually bends to whatever shape your feet is in. Thus, it trains your foot muscles, making it less dependent on whatever shoes you're wearing for mobility, stability or whatever marketing words Nike thinks of :)

Feet, don't fail me now

I have the red and dark gray model and I try to wear it as much as possible. It even comes with this training guide. I'll probably use this when I start jogging again.

My mom's never seen me wear it until tonight so she tells me how nice these shoes look.

When we entered the hospital room, my grandfather tells me I have nice shoes.

My grandmother says I have nice shoes... "parang pang-grade one [like for grade one students]."

Then she's trying to recall if it's for grade one or kindergarten.

Sigh. Old people these days.

--

Anyway, I bought another pair of rubber shoes yesterday as I continue to beat my own personal record of number of rubber shoes at a time.

I got the Nike Shox VC (Vince Carter) 3, that I bought last year at Payless thrift shop (along Shaw Boulevard in Mandaluyong. I use this for heavy duty basketball performance. Also feels a bit heavy, though.

I also have the Nike Air Zoom Vapor for jogging and sometimes for playing basketball too. (Yes, I like black rubber shoes. Once you go black...uhm, you get my drift)

I have the Nike Free shoes.

And yesterday, it was the last pair (or so I'm told) of White/Blue Nike Air Force 1. Which looks something like this.

I won't be using this for basketball even though the dude at Nike Forum in Shoppesville says I could. It's more for casual wear, and it doesn't look like it would perform well as a basketball shoe. I miss the review site Kicksology.net, which thoroughly reviews basketball shoes.

I don't particularly like the Nike brand, but they put out good looking and comfortable shoes.

I hope this is the last pair of shoes that I'll buy in a long while. I just gave away my old Nike Shox BB4. It served me well since 2001 (except for the notorious break-in period).

9 comments:

barookie said...

how are the nike free? are they okay? or do they take a lot of getting used to?

been considering getting one for myself.

Unknown said...

It is what Nike says it is. It's like walking barefoot (except you don't have to worry about rough surfaces, or wet grounds. I wear it with ped or ankle socks.

If they hurt the first time, it means you've been relying too much on the comfort of shoes.

barookie said...

ah ok. what im tryng to save up would be the old air max2. na mid-cut!

Traveller said...

hey! me too, I wanna get myself some free! hehe. The concept is really quite intriguing. You should have worn the pair at Gerry's so that I could've seen them. Teka, ba't english nga pala to....? Nahawa kay US Noel....

Traveller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
faysessions said...

i think you're the only guy i know who owns more than 2 pairs of rubber shoes! Ü

Unknown said...

Fay, maraming ganyan diyan sa tabi-tabi.

Miqs, we're Englishing because otherwise our education will be sayang, you know. :P

barookie said...

finally bought myself some new shoes! nike air tempo low! all black!

Unknown said...

Your shoes are looking wonderful!Are they nike shoes?