Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Still got some game

Whew. After two and something months, I'm finally starting to go back to the active/healthy lifestyle.

I seriously started exercising, working out, watching what I eat around September or October 2004. I figured that I'm in the prime of my life (turned 25 last December) so I should be in the peak of health (or pink of health, if you've heard that remark before.) To begin with, I bought a simple weighing scale to monitor my weight. The target is around 145 lbs. I was over 155 lbs then. I started slow of course, stretching every morning then eventually a regular exercise routine. MWF pushups, dumbbells, TTH crunches, leg exercises. Saturday or Sunday, depended on what I felt like doing. Before, I woke up at 6AM every weekday to watch The Simpsons at 6:00 AM then watched TV until 6:30, watched some Breakfast then had some real breakfast. I decided to wake up earlier to exercise for 45 mins to an hour, so I set the alarm for 5:30 (5:15 every Tuesdays). After work, I'd jog for 30 mins as often as possible during a week until it eventually became an hour jog. Upgraded to two belt notches after I jogged. My office pants felt and looked looser, so do my shirts. If I arrived in the office early enough, I'd climb the stairs up to the 4th floor, where our office is. Every Thursday, my officemates and I would play basketball wherever venue available. I also ate smallest possible servings of rice during dinner (and sometimes, no rice at all).

Luckily, it was also sportsfest season in the office so I had extra workout wall climbing, and yet even more basketball. Somehow that belly's still there, so still no abs. Arms got bigger, though, thanks to arm curls. Probably the healthiest I've ever been in all my life was around April or May 2005.

After that, with the annual checkup scare, I stopped (I should go back to the hospital soon). Weight stabilized to the more ideal 150 lbs. Loosened one belt notch. Started to buy size 33 pants, to replace the old 34s.

Today, I started playing basketball again in the old alma mater. Next week, another game.

No comments: