Wednesday, January 04, 2006

On the right foot

After a long break from exercising and (somewhat) healthy living, I'm very slowly starting again. I should be starting again on the dumbbells and whatever exercise I can do at home. I'm also starting the daily walk of four flights up and down the stairs in the office. I should also find time to jog after work.

I was determined to go up to 160 lbs this christmas vacation but 155 seems to be the cap for me. It's very difficult for me to gain any more weight than that.

I also played a game of basketball last night where just a few weeks back, I used to play two. I didn't because my legs and arms are sure to be sore the following morning. Surprisingly, I still managed to sink long shots, midrange jumpers, and layups. The accuracy will surely suffer once I start on the weights again. Basketball season in the office starts at the end of January. I still have more time to get in shape and eat right.

4 comments:

barookie said...

its best if you play then do weights after, rather than the other way around. that way you don't mess up your shot as much =)

Unknown said...

No, I mean if you gain more strength , shouldn't it mean less effort on your arms?

I wonder if I can eventually do the Ray Allen quick-release shot?

barookie said...

that should happen as well. more strength will help reduce the effort, but more importantly it will allow you to maintain your shot longer through the game.

Unknown said...

That's true. My arms won't probably feel as sore as when it's regularly exercised.