Thursday, January 12, 2006

Shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather

Now this is my kind of weather. It's the January-February in the Northern Hemisphere (you know that we ARE in the Northern Hemisphere, don't you?) season. The temperature goes down to a cool 23ÂșC, just the way I likes [sic] it. It's very pleasant to walk around in the daytime without sweating so much from the naturally tropical climate here. And if not for the air and noise pollution, the beggars and hawkers, I'd roll my windows all the way down while driving to and from work. Meanwhile, farther up north in the world, the strong Siberian winds sweep down south. We here get the end part of that weather system, hence the cool temperatures. I wish it were like this all year. Though there were times when it was even colder than this in the early morning and the evenings.

Last year, summer came early in the last week of February. I'm hoping for it to be cool at least until first week of March this year. Cool and dry, that is. Humidity always makes it a bit hotter and uncomfortable, especially at night. But right now, this is perfect.

No comments: