Sunday, August 27, 2006

Body Movin', Body movin'

Dear Mom, stop nagging me. Hehe. Pero I love you pa rin :)

--

My boss invited people in the office to go wall-climbing last Thursday. Lo and behold, only the Noyps (Pinoy) were game for it.



This is a picture of me belaying, my boss, Jon (who'll probably kill me when he finds out I posted a picture of him here) and Jai (a teammate, climbing the wall) The wall-climbing place was around Tanjong Pagar, still near the city central, and is called Climb Adventure. Not bad. But then I find that the PowerUp facility in Pasig is way, waaaay better with the higher walls, the smaller stones (for the increasing level of difficulty), and the safety pulley fixed to the ground (in which this place has none at all). I did about five climbs before I realized that I lack exercise.

--

Yesterday, I got invited to a little night out at Clarke Quay, the most happenin' place in the country. Pity I didn't bring my camera, but then I don't want lug something with me when I move to the groove (it's more of a seizure-like wriggling, but anyway). I don't remember if I've ever gone clubbing, but then there's always a first for everything. So we headed for the brilliantly named Ministry of Sound and danced the night away. It's got these different rooms with different themes (70s, house, hip-hop/r&b). Entrance fee goes for at least $20 (comes with two drinks) depending on what day and time it is, and if you're a guy or a girl. Don't forget to bring your ID.

--

We were also advised to go to the "new" temporary office in Tai Seng Avenue. It's our disaster recovery (DR) site. It's a bit lifeless really, looking around the area, I mean compared to the Atrium@Orchard office. The thing is that we SHOULD take a cab going to and from the place because it's hardly the most accessible office in the world. We'll see what happens in the following weeks.

--

After visiting the DR site, couple of my officemates took one of our visitors from the New York office around Suntec City. We ate lunch at Marche's then went our separate ways.

Met up with a friend in Heeren on Orchard. But not before purchasing boardshorts. It's a black, red and white Ripcurl boardshorts. At size 32W, it surprisingly hangs scandalously low (I'm supposed to be a 33), as in bolex low. (Ask your friends what bolex means). Anyway, I'm just leaving some allowance for wearing trunks underneath the shorts which is how things should be.

--

Sunday afternoon and evening is pretty uneventful. Took a nap. Had dinner in KFC Bedok. Did a little grocery shopping in Giant then went home and watched Batman Begins on HBO.

I've also found that Sunday nights are the best time for blogging and in essence, recalling what I did in the week that came before.

So until next time...

3 comments:

missyosigirl said...

it's more of a seizure-like wriggling

ano ba, diba tinuruan ka naman magsayaw ni amalyn? hahahahah :)) sumusunod... sa galaw mo... sumusunod...

eeek. kainggit. pasyal mo ko sa ministry of sound if ever magka-milagro at makapuntang singapore :D

Unknown said...

bibbong-bibbo gumalaw!

tara, MOS tayo!

Anonymous said...

bloghopping...
been to singapore severa; time pero di ko alam na may ganyang facilities pala dyan, o baka di lang ako nag explore. btw nag try na akong mag wall climbing, nakakapagod pero relaxing din naman.

http://kolletzki.blogspot.com/