Saturday, August 05, 2006

Shore leave

If you're a spending and shopping machine like I currently am (what with the laptop, plasma TV, O2 XDA...), then this article might be a good read for you.

And this after I bought 2 for $30 DVDs of Fargo and About A Boy, a $60 Akira Special Edition, and a $30 Abre Los Ojos. It's been bum-around Saturday for me today. This morning, I went to Tampines Mall, ate McDonald's Chicken Nuggets. I passed G2000 and their "final sale". There were a couple of good buys, shirts, pants. But none, I really, REALLY liked. Besides, the lines were long. So I just went to Fairprice grocery and bought a few things for the bathroom.

After I went home, I just channel surfed, went online and played SimCity4. It's nice to hang out here at home if I really wanted to avoid the weekend crowds. It's breezy, the air is clean, the sun is shining and there's a bunch of food in the fridge. People are milking National Day sales here and there which makes it extra hard to use public transport to the city.

Wednesday is Singapore National Day. Woohoo! Tonight, there will be a fireworks display on Marina Bay. There's a good chance it can be seen from the apartment, as good old #13-03 faces west towards the city.

With a house like this, who'd ever want to go out again?

No comments: