Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bum-around Sunday

Sunday began in the late morning with a trip to catch the 12:15PM mass at The Church of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour. It's just one bus stop away from home although it was already starting to rain once we set out. After mass, we headed for Pasir Ris MRT just to see what was there in the area. Pasir Ris is the north-easternmost end of the East-West Line and the one MRT area I haven't explored yet way out east. As it turns out, we didn't really go far and just went to this one mall beside the station. Ate lunch at McDonald's, looked around some shops, and then headed home for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

It was laundry day for me as my hamper was already barfing out my clothes. I did four batches from the afternoon until around 11PM tonight. Almost ran out of hangers. In the following days, I should be ironing the lot of them or else the wrinkles will really be hard to get out.

So while waiting for the laundry to finish, I was either playing SimCity 4, watching cable or watching DVDs. I purchased the DVDs yesterday at Tampines Mall (yeah, right after I wrote that post about NOT spending). This evening, it was Abre Los Ojos (Open Your Eyes) showing on good old plasma TV.

This weekend probably marked the first days that I never spent any time in the city. The malls in Tampines area are almost as good as any regular mall, and it's just four MRT stops away from the weekend traffic. I think it's safe to say that going to the city on weekends will get rarer except for special occasions. Malls outside the city -- that's good urban planning for you.

2 comments:

drei said...

hey, i want to watch open your eyes. i enjoyed the hollywood version kasi. :)

Unknown said...

It's actually Abre Los Ojos, which is Spanish for WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU WATCH VANILLA SKY!.

Anyway, I heard that Cameron Crowe "adapted" it shot for shot. As far as I remember Vanilla Sky, this seemed true. So there might be fewer surprises for you.