Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mum's Day

Got a microSD card for my cellphone (which originally came with a lame 128 MB card). The official, retail store price hovers around $34.00 for 1GB (Challenger in VivoCity). I had to check Lucky Plaza for some better deals. In my opinion, Lucky Plaza is one of the most ruthless shopping places for clueless people. They WILL give you bad deals if you have not done your homework. Sim Lim Square is similar to a lesser extent, but has more choices.

Anyway, it hovered from $28 to 60-something dollars, depending on who you talk to. I had to scour almost the entire building. The idea, was simply to get something lower than the retail store $34. In the end, I got a $30 Kingston (the $28 one was Sandisk). Being patient pays off.

--

Got back to playing basketball last Wednesday. Two quick sprints at the start of the game, and I've already lost breath. Shame, shame, shame. Thank God for second wind.

Shooting's terrible.
Ballhandling's novice.
Stealing's still there.
Passing's not bad.

Need a lot of work to do. But I think the jersey I wore was excellent, which should count for something.

3 small injuries, and an almost-cramp from that session.

--

Speaking of jersey, Noel and I made a bet on the Eastern semi-finals series of New Jersey vs Cleveland. He goes with Nets, I go Cavs. The non-winning party gets to buy the winner an NBA swingman jersey. Simple enough. Right now, it's 2-1 Cavs.

Go Cavs!
Go Warriors!

--

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby is much, much better than Blades of Glory. But Jenna Fischer is a bit more girl-next-door than Leslie Bibb. Jon Heder, while funny, is no Sacha Baron Cohen.

--

Finally, Happy Mother's Day to my mom!


I hope the monthly remittance will more than make up for carrying me for nine months. (Just kidding!) I love you, ma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the best pa rin yung argument nyo ng mom mo na "bahala ka"... "talagang bahala ako"... ahahahhaha.

bonita said...

hey ton, i got a 2gb microsd for around 17gbp from amazon. i would have thought that it would be cheaper in sg? halos pareho lang pala! ;) yey!

Unknown said...

missyosigirl,
just another day in the Figueroa household

bonita,
Yeah in SG microSD's around 50-something SGD. So almost the same :)