Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Out with the old, in with the Nokia 6300

My almost one year love affair with the O2 XDA Atom ended last Sunday. It was the first big purchase for me in Singapore, ringing up to around S$1200, if I recall correctly. I got tired with it around December and has rarely been used since. First and foremost reason is that it's quite a brick to keep in the pocket. (Makes for good conversation, "why yes, that IS an XDA in my pocket"). Second important reason is that PDA/XDAs allow you only around a day or a day and a half of battery life before you have to charge it again.

Anyway, I like to keep it simple. So I chose to trade it in with a Nokia 6300.

It's quite a basic phone with FM Radio, MicroSD memory, bluetooth, 2MP camera. Nothing really fancy by today's standards. After the $300 value of my XDA, I just added $98 for it and $8 more for a screen protector.

I've been using it for a few days now. I like it a lot.

--

I'm reading this fascinating book, The Tipping Point. I'm halfway through it. Really good stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

parehas tayo. hahaha!

Unknown said...

Ayos! :D