Friday, June 03, 2005

1113 - Personal

Took a leave from work to go have an Apicolordosis X-ray as recommended by my Annual Medical Exam results.

Woke up early but only left the house at quarter to 11. Boy, was I begging for it to spill over lunch.

The New Medical City in Ortigas, Pasig, as it is called, looks world-class, even better than the now overcrowded St. Luke's Hospital in E. Rodriguez. The Medicard (my company's HMO) clinic is conveniently located at the ground floor of the Medical Arts Building. I filled up some forms and then headed to X-ray, ground floor. X-ray reception tells me to go to Ambulatory Services, 2nd floor.

Took a number: 1113

The wait is killing me.


Ambulatory Services, 2nd Floor, Medical City Posted by Hello

A lot of things go through my mind.

The news are full of people dying of all sorts of diseases and conditions.

In the news today, Reyster Langit, a journalist/investigative reporter dies of heart failure caused by cerebral malaria. They went to cover a "mysterious disease" that was threatening to wipe out the Dumagat population. A number of the crew had already caught the disease. Some had died already.

Teddy Benigno Jr., a columnist, died of complications due to liver cancer. I remember, right before the 2004 presidential elections, he wrote what was perhaps the greatest written tribute to Raul Roco, one of the candidates. It didn't matter, we all knew how that turned out.

A few weeks ago, there was the Cassava poison panic.

In Baguio, Meningococcemia (sp?).

In China, Bird Flu.

Mad Cow Disease.

Cancer.

AIDS...

Finally had the X-ray at around 1. But I have to come back some other time because I have to get the original X-ray (from the annual checkup) from the company, who'll get it from Medicard.

(to be continued)

No comments: