Tuesday, June 21, 2005

‘Decalogue’ to open Cinemanila in August

One of this year’s Cinemanila highlights is a film screening tribute to the late great Polish filmmaker Krzysztof Kieslowski. Decalogue, his award-winning collection of 10 short films, explores the timeless social and moral issues of human existence.
I had a chance to watch the first one in Theology class back in college and I had this thing lined up in my Amazon Wishlist, but I never got to buy any of the 10. What I did buy became one of my most-prized DVD Collections, Krzysztof Kieslowski's Three Colors Trilogy. Three colors, meaning the three French ideals: liberty, equality and fraternity. The commentaries and director interviews are also rich with detail and insight. Expect to do some thinking during and after watching these films.

As for the Cinemanila, I hope we get to watch a few (depending on the schedule and whether it's worth watching).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is 'astig' man. :) I don't normally use that word, but if I were to pick one to describe your blog, that would be it.

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks! Just keep coming back and writing comments.