Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm Rick James, bitch!

Remember In Living Color? No, they're not showing it again. Instead, you may find another irreverent and racially-motivated comedy show Saturday nights on ETC. I'm talking about Chappelle's Show.

I first caught the show last Saturday, when I saw host Dave Chappelle, doing half-stand up and half-skit presentations. I remember him as the guy who played Pinball in the Bruckheimer film Con Air (the one that got killed by the landing gear and dropped in Fresno). Anyway, he says that black people should get reparations for slavery (of their ancestors). So he imagines a world where the U.S. did make reparations. Bling-blings and liquor sell like hotcakes, KFC merges with Fubu (I don't get the chicken reference). A field reporter was interviewing the driver of a passing truck of cigarettes:

Reporter: Sir, now that you've got your check do you plan on quitting your job driving this truck?
Man In Truck: Truck driver? I ain't no truck driver. I'm a janitor. That's right, baby, I just bought this truck straight cash. I got cigarettes for me and my family the rest of our lives! I'M RICH, BIATCH!
[honks horn]


I got hooked by this show! I immediately searched for more video clips on the Internet and eventually found some on the official site in Comedy Central.

Another famous sketch is the Samuel L. Jackson Beer. You should watch it in the site's video section. He does SLJ's voice pretty good.
"GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' CHOICE! SAMUEL JACKSON! MADE PAINSTAKINGLY BY ME, SAMUEL L. JACKSON!"



Mmmmmm-mmmm, bitch! Posted by Hello

His most famous ones are about former 80's superstar Rick James in an E! True Hollywood Stories style.


I'm Rick James, bitch!


Watch the videos or catch the show every Saturday on ETC. I'm not sure of the time, maybe 11PM.

One day I'm gonna have a blog post with the word "bitch!" ending every sentence.

No comments: