Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Pumpkins' Smashing Return

Taking out full page ads in Tuesday's Chicago Tribune and Chicago Sun-Times, Billy Corgan announced plans to reform his seminal alt-rock out five years after [they] disbanded the group.

Smashing Pumpkins! ("I love doing that")

The article also says that Billy "Uncle Fester" Corgan didn't exactly say that original bandmates Jimmy Chamberlin, D'Arcy Wretsky, James Iha will join the reunion or whether there will be new members or if they will bring back bassist Melissa Auf der Mar instead.

I don't really know why I like their music. Maybe it's the various weird grunge sounds stimulating your ear drums, maybe it's the lyrics which may or may not mean anything, maybe it's the image, the videos, the live performances or how they crank out song after song, album after album that not even this fan is able to catch up.

Hey, they never did perform here. I wonder if they ever will.


THE Album, Siamese Dream (How old are these kids by now?)

Ok, without consulting anything, I'll list all their songs that I like (this proves that they really messed me up). Here we go: Siva, Rhinoceros, I Am One, Drown, Cherub Rock, Quiet, Today, Hummer, Rocket, Disarm, Soma, Mayonnaise, Spaceboy, Sweet Sweet, Luna, Landslide, Tonight Tonight, Bullet with Butterfly Wings, To Forgive, Zero, Muzzle, 1979, Thirty-Three, Ava Adore, Perfect, Daphne Descends, Once Upon A Time, Crestfallen, The Tale of Dusty and Pistol Pete, For Martha, The End is the Beginning is the End, My Dahlia, Eye, Everlasting Gaze, Stand Inside Your Love, Try Try Try, Real Love, Untitled.

Damn, I missed a lot.

"Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"

Put on your stereo headphones and crank up the volume. Listen all night. Repeat. (Always repeat.)

No comments: