Sunday, September 25, 2005

Hallmark Channel: Tuesdays with Morrie, Hawking

We got our cable upgraded to SkyCable a few weeks ago. Basically, it's HomeCable with Cinemax, Hallmark Channel, Disney Channel, Discovery Channel, and Animal Planet. Most of us here are TV deadheads anyway, so I guess it's worth it.

--

I chanced upon Tuesdays with Morrie on Hallmark last Tuesday (coincidence, we think not!). It starred Hank Azaria as Mitch, and the late Jack Lemmon as Morrie. I didn't get to finish it though, and I'm trying to find the next scheduled airtime.

During Holy Week/Easter Season we go to Bulacan and prepare for the way-too-early procession (that starts at around 5AM) for Easter Sunday. Last time we went there, I tried reading the Tuesdays with Morrie book but I didn't finish it either. I fell asleep.

That TV-movie is probably my only chance of finding out what happens (with an attention span as short as mine.)

--

Off the top of my head, here is an unordered list of books that I started but have yet to finish, as of today:
  1. Tuesdays with Morrie (Mitch Albom)
  2. Good Omens (Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman)
  3. The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Douglas Adams)
  4. The Dilbert Principle (Scott Adams)
  5. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri: Dragon Sun (Michael Ely)
  6. Killing Hope (William Blum)
Doesn't look like that's gonna change in the near future.

No comments: