Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Last Season: A Team In Search of Its Soul

I'm not much of a book reader (except for comic books and graphic novels) but I found a book that I'd like to read in Powerbooks Live!. It's The Last Season by Phil Jackson, detailing the rollercoaster ride that was the Los Angeles Lakers' 2003-2004 season. I didn't buy it though, a hardcover priced at P1205.00 (while the Amazon.com one is discounted at almost half-price at $9.98). That season was one for the shrinks. Even before it got off, it had that "too good to be true" feel to it. I don't think I'll be buying this soon.

My birthday's coming up soon, wink, wink. But I don't want to get lots of copies, so talk it over amongst yourselves :P

Anyway, Phil's back with The Lake Show for another circus season. Who wouldn't watch that drama unfold?

No comments: