Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pinoy Big Brother

Speaking of cable shows, the country has caught the Big Brother fever. Good thing I seem to be immune.

Honestly, I don't get it. Reality shows weren't all that bad. In the beginning, there was Survivor, a show fascinating enough to watch before it got too redundant. Then there's that (oh-so) Amazing Race, highlighting different countries and cultures in every episode. It makes you feel like travelling yourself (what a great tourism ad!). American Idol, of course, brought us Jasmine Trias (a few moments of silence, please). The Apprentice, which I also can't seem to appreciate because I'm not one of those management and marketing types. Of course, some trash followed such as Temptation Island, The Swan, Simple Life, etc. That pretty much ruined it for reality television.

So why "Big Brother"? Here's the obligatory DUH! link.

Again, I don't get the show and why people should watch it. Already this show stinks of voyeurism, and the "contestants" even oblige the cameras. I read that it's skipped an episode due to "sensitive" content. Now who couldn't have seen that coming?

Anyway, ABS-CBN is banking on the usiseros and chismosos all over the country (and the world) to support the show either though it's 24/7 pay-channel on SkyCable, it's daily recaps on ABS-CBN or Studio 23, and also its live streaming broadcast on the website.

A nitpick for me: I don't think "Big Brother" is "Elder Brother", and therefore "Kuya".

Then again, who cares?

2 comments:

missyosigirl said...

ako rin immune din :P

pero si jb daw natanggal kagabi and na-sad yung mga taong kasama ko... ako parang, huh???

Unknown said...

I guess it works for some people