Sunday, December 04, 2005

LRT2

My driver's license was due to expire on December 1, 2005 so I had planned to have it renewed a few days before.

I took a leave from the office to go to Farmer's Market (which neither is a market nor does ithave anything to do with farmers) because I remember the Land Transportation Office (LTO) branch inside. It was where I last renewed my license and it took only two hours.

As much as I love driving my car (since I am still paying for it every month), I decided to try out taking the LRT2, which runs along the Ramon Magsaysay/Aurora Boulevard stretch (from Recto to Santolan in Pasig). The commute route was that I park in SM City Sta. Mesa (formerly SM Centerpoint) walk to the V. Mapa station, take the LRT2 to Cubao Station and walk to Farmer's Market.

It was a great commuting experience for me because I used to remember taking the jeep (to and from school, sometimes) along Aurora, and it took hours to get anywhere. The LRT2 took about 10 mins, a little bit more if you just missed it and had to wait for the next one. There weren't a lot of people at the time, but I didn't get to sit until around one station before Cubao, which is the Boston/Betty Go Belmonte Station.

The stations between V. Mapa and Cubao are generally uninteresting, except for the Gilmore Station, which is smack in the middle of the computer hub. It's fairly hard to park there which gives you more reason to commute.

The Cubao station leads you directly to Gateway Mall. From V. Mapa station, that costs P13.00 one-way, it is the cheapest and most comfortable way to get to Araneta Center.

No comments: