Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Stroke of Rock

We had our annual company Christmas party last night, the general theme being "Rock" as in the music and the lifestyle. So we have a choice of dressing as rock stars, rock fans or just be sticks in the mud all night. I went and tried (emphasis on tried) to go Billie Joe, as in Green Day: all-black, red tie, and having someone put eyeliner on me. I'd have gone Chris Cornell or Dave Grohl if only I could grow at least a goatee. Anyway, this picture is about all you can get (the rest are viewable only to flickr friends). Thanks for the shot, Shelley! By the way, old buddy Lester says you can't do that two-finger thing in Australia. It's equivalent to the ubiquitous one-finger salute.

I know people from the office are reading this, and I just want to let them know that I was quite disappointed by the effort that people put in making their look. A lot took the easy way out. I mean, not even a hint of Steven Tyler and the Spandex, much less KISS. A general feeling of hesitation? Ah, but our company is going into a transitional phase, I believe more and more people will embrace the culture (of partying harder!).

Nonetheless, it was still a great party, that was held in Phi Bar and Restaurant in Metrowalk. I'd have said good things about the food if only they didn't let us wait 20 mins for the next refill. But I'm kidding, the consensus was, there wasn't really anything good to say about the food except that it provides the body with some amount of nutrients and amino acids or whatever.

--

Like every year, the company raffles off various prizes from gift certificates, small appliances cash prizes, and international trips. Last year's grand prize was a trip to Thailand. This year, it was a trip to Boracay, and the grand prize, P20,000.00. To make the long story short, I went home twenty thousand smackeroons richer (at least on paper, I have to claim the prize from the head office). So what will I do with the money? I'll think about it when I have it in the bank. Our family's thinking of going to Hong Kong. Let's just say that the idea became more real after last night.

Between now and the trip, bills, bills, bills, first. Still...I'm rich, bitch! At least for a while.

--

It's not the first time I've experienced some luck in these random drawings, games or promos. The first I remember winning was this little keyboard synthesizer that I still don't know how I won. Maybe I was the Nth customer of that store (I better check with my parents). I also won a karaoke system by playing BINGO. I've also gotten 4 out of 6 numbers in the local lotto (I won something like P800.00). And now, this. I don't know, right place at the right time, the chaos and the order of zeroes and ones. It's best not to dwell on it. The pattern is that there is no pattern.

3 comments:

missyosigirl said...

buti na lang flickr friend mo ko :P

libre! libre! libre! :D

Anonymous said...

I'd go as courtney love or amy lee if only I was thinner.. hahahaha..

papalibre ren sana ako kaya lang mukhang marami ng nakapila.. ^_^ btw, add ko po kayo sa links ko.. hope it's ok ^_^ ingat!

Unknown said...

missyosigirl, salamat. pag nakuha ko na yung pera, hehe. pero mas kaunti libre ko sa 'yo dahil pinunk'd mo ko sa team money na naiwan ko sa Montemar :P

abi, sure, di naman ako cliquish! link din kita. psych0sis with a zero diba?