Friday, December 30, 2005

Travel the World and the Seven Seas

I am SO itching to travel outside the country; it's been more than eight years since I last stepped off an international flight. The list of foreign countries I've been (including stopovers) in chronological order: Hong Kong, South Korea (Seoul International), USA, and Japan (Tokyo Narita International).

2006, is the year of the fire dog, which means more travel for me. Just kidding, I don't really know if there's any truth to that. Anyway, potential places I'd like to visit next year (and likelihood rate):

Hong Kong - there's a great chance that this could happen since the family talk of going there sounds pretty realistic. And that's not just me bringing it up everytime at the dinner table. I'm a-going to Disneyland! 99% chance.

Singapore - I've been reading up on Singapore and what do you know, there's NOTHING to see there. I mean, of course there's always something; but with how expensive it is there, one would expect a little more. So it's really just mostly for shopping. 40% chance.

Thailand - They said that it's pronounced "Tai-land". Now, "Tai in a Box" doesn't sound so appealing. Anyway, the government jerks there with their SouthEast Asian Games accusations just warded away a potential tourist. How's that for national pride? 30% chance.

USA - Oh man, why oh why didn't I renew that visa in 2000? Who'da thunk 9/11 would happen? Well there's no point in crying over spilled milk (may five minutes na ba?). Anyway, I may try again this year for a visa after some doing some travelling. I really want to go back there and visit some friends and family. 5% chance depends on whether the consul likes my face or not. If he/she doesn't, there's always...

Canada - ... Hi. I'm in Canada. I see...mountains...plains...French separatists...the U.S. border. So close. 10% chance.

Europe - Ah, one of those dream trips. I've always wanted to go to Europe, especially to Salzburg, Austria. Don't ask me how many times I've seen The Sound of Music. 1% chance.

Australia - Europe and US junior, where you have summer Decembers and winter Augusts. And where the toilet flushes clockwise (I hope I got this correct). I don't really have plans to go there, but if the opportunity presents itself, why the hell not? 10% chance.

Japan - IF my memory serves me correctly, it's really expensive to go there. And besides there's bloody neo-colonialist and wartime-imperialists there. But Scarlett Johansson might be there, and maybe I can ask what Bill Murray told her. 5% chance.

[Cue R. Kelly's I believe I can Fly]

I used to think that I could not go on...

[Kinanta pa raw talaga]

2 comments:

barookie said...

don't forget the bear and hockey in canada!!! hahaha!!!

Unknown said...

and also Weapon X! Labo!

I never did like hockey, except for that old Nintendo game that even lets you fight with each other.