Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hong Kong: Day One

I've uploaded some 200-something pictures on flickr and I haven't even covered half the trip. I took around 700-plus pictures during my Hong Kong Trip . Flickr has a 20MB upload limit per month and I've used it all up. Anybody wanna sponsor me a two-year pro account? :D

So a few days after that lovely trip, after I've given away my pasalubong, I've eased back in to the work-a-day world. With that, the bills are starting to arrive. I've already paid around P2,600.00 for my cellphone usage. I've yet to pay for my share of the plane fare (around P14,500.00), and 2-nights hotel (around P7,000.00). I also used my credit card to buy our Octopus Tourist Pass tickets (around P4,000.00); fortunately, the bill arrives next month. Obviously, this trip cost me a considerable amount of savings.

And yet, the cultural exposure, the experience of travel, and the sense of achievement in preparing for it...you just can't put a price on that. I welcome the next time I can do it again. In fact, I'm looking forward to my next trip. Hopefully, it'll happen in a few months.

--

Anyway, a quick summary of Day One of the trip. Oh, and once I get the expenses all accounted for, I'll post them here.

Day One: Getting the most out of half a day.
  • We arrive at Hong Kong International Airport in Lantau Island. One of the best international airports in the entire world. Pinoys are usually allowed a maximum of 14 days stay without a visa.
  • We take the Airport Express Train to Hong Kong Central and take the shuttle to our hotel.
  • The hotel, The Wharney Guandong Hotel in Wan Chai District is a four-star hotel on Lockhart Road. Beside the hotel are nightclubs and bars.
  • We ride the MTR to Hong Kong Central and hike through Chater Garden towards The Peak Tram.
  • We ride the Peak Tram up to The (Victoria) Peak, have late lunch at McDonald's and go back to Wan Chai to buy some electronics.
  • We meet up with my friend Len in Shanghai Mian in World Trade Center, Causeway Bay. The idea that we can go to Disneyland without going in was raised.
  • We walk around the streets to Times Square until closing time.
  • Mmm...Mango and Strawberry XTC on Ice Gelatto.
  • Zzz...

3 comments:

barookie said...

where is my pasalubong???

Anonymous said...

tonton, nakapagpahinga ka na after hongkong? then sagutin mo yung tag ko!!! :P (link nasa name ko)

Unknown said...

barookie, i'll have it mailed soon! :D

missyosigirl, let me think about it ;)