Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm (NOT) going to Disneyland!


But I AM going to Hong Kong! Woohoo! I'm ecstatic!

Ah yes, I haven't been there since I was a little pipsqueak, which was around May 1990. The exchange rate then was 1 HKD to 3 PHP. I remember because I made my mom buy a $12 pack of Skittles.

Anyway, I've just finished booking the hotel (The Wharney Guandong Hotel in Wanchai) online using asiatravel.com, and also the flight using www.philippineairlines.com. All that's left is arranging the hotel transfers, and I'll do that after my parents pick up the ticket. Only my mom's going with me. We'll leave on Friday morning and go back on Sunday, late night.

Nope, I'm not going to Disneyland. I don't think we're really part of their target demographic, me being 26 years old, and my mom, 55. Besides, I already went to THE Disneyland, in Florida, back when I could still enjoy it. Recently, there was also that ticketing rampage during the Chinese Lunar New Year holidays. Enough with the excuses.

I'm going there mainly for the R & R, and the electronics, specifically, camera-related accessories. Clothes? Not really, but I am packing light.

So, bon voyage to me! Rest assured, I will take lots of pictures.

1 comment:

missyosigirl said...

I'm going there mainly for the R & R, and the electronics, specifically, camera-related accessories

... and pasalubong for your officemates :P hehe.