Thursday, April 20, 2006

NBA Regular Season 2005-2006

Well, the NBA regular season is finally over. It's certainly a lot better, and more eventful than other unmemorable seasons. I'm pretty satisfied with this season, and what do I mean by that.

First of all, two of the three teams I'm rooting for are in the playoffs. They are the LA Lakers and Cleveland Cavaliers, with the unfortunate disappointment that is the Golden State Warriors. Then, three of my favorite players are in the running for MVP: Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, and Dwyane Wade. Then I've got a new idol in Chris Paul. Then there was that 62 pts in 3-quarters followed by the historic 81 point game by Kobe Bryant who broke various records in doing so. I got the recap video stored in my precious iPod. And like what many journalists are saying, I also believe that he put the entire Eagle, Colorado thing behind him with this great season performance. He also bagged the scoring title for the first time. Next, is the re-emergence of the Human Highlight Film in Vince Carter, whose highlight reel includes a nasty throwdown early in the season against Alonzo Mourning, among others. Finally, one of the feel-good stories of the season in the LA Clippers, once the laughingstock of the NBA, clinching a playoff spot with great maturity and confidence.

Can't wait for the playoffs.

--

The end of the regular season also means the end of fantasy basketball. In our head-to-head league in the office, I got second place, losing at the end with a score of 4-5. This figure means that of all the stats we are tallying, he other guy had better numbers in five categories (field-goal %, assists, etc.) as opposed to my four. Anyway, it was a good run. Hope I win it all next year.

2 comments:

barookie said...

New Jersey is gonna beat Miami in the 2nd round!

Unknown said...

I honestly don't care about what happens to Miami. But I hope there are more highlight reels, from the half-human, half-amazing Vince Carter!