Friday, November 03, 2006

Sharp Frossssst Tonight

I can't stop thinking and talking about the weather and the temperature.

I had a conversation earlier this evening about the advantages and disadvantages of cold weather and warm weather. Most of my teammates were surprised that I prefer this cold weather than warm comfy weather. One of my teammates pointed out that one thing he liked about consistently warm weather is how light he can dress for anywhere. Fair enough. For my part, I don't experience cold weather often enough in my life in the places I have settled, whereas in the temperate zones, they have these four seasons to speak of.

Anyway, indoor heating is almost always on, up to a level where I can still wear a pull-over sweater over my shirt. I just found out though that even just wearing the down part of my parka can make my body extremely warm even if the air outside is very chilly. I also found out how helpful a scarf is in keeping warm. I managed to walk about a couple of hundred meters in just my business clothes, a sweater and a scarf. So after much apparel-tweaking, the right clothes for me for this type of weather is my normal long-sleeved shirt, trousers, sweater, gloves (if I can't put my hands in my pocket) and the outer jacket of my parka. I'm thinking of getting a bonnet, but I might not need one at all. (And besides, it's going to mess my hair :P)

--

I'm expected to fly back to Singapore at 18th of November, 11:00PM. I already have an idea on what to do on the day of departure itself. Canary Wharf is going to open an ice skating rink near Canada Square that day. I might just check it out.

2 comments:

missyosigirl said...

kelangan mo lang ng kayakap sa gabi hihihihih :P

Unknown said...

Mmm! Brrrr... Hehehe.