Wednesday, November 01, 2006

You know the sunlight always shines, behind the clouds of London skies

Today was the first time I had to go to work on the first of November. Ever.

And let me say that the temperature here in London has dropped a couple of degrees down and that the wind chill brings it down even further. Forecast tomorrow is a high of 9°C/48°F and a low of 3°C/37°F. Brrr...

Walking home, my face, and fingers were numb from the cold and wind. I did want to experience this. I brought this upon myself.

Anyway for the first time in my life, I get to dress up for autumn weather. Heavy jacket, sweater, scarf, gloves. I don't even know how to wear a scarf. I just wrap it in such a way that when one of the ends get caught in something, it'll surely crush my larynx. Anyway, by tomorrow, I'll know how to wear it. Thanks again to google.

--

I've experienced body overheating as well, if that's what it's called. The disadvantage of course, for wearing cold weather clothes, is that when you get inside buildings (or in the Tube) where there's indoor heating, you'd have to take them off. Or at least, I'd have to take them off. I'm very sensitive to temperature changes. When it gets hot, I sweat profusely. So what happened was that I was still wearing that thick jacket while in the shopping centre. And then when I thought I forgot something, blood pressure rose and body heated up. And let me tell you that jacket is a good insulator. Keeps the cold out and the heat in.

--

I think I also need thermal underpants. Brrr...

--

Yesterday, I managed to catch the evening showing of the West End play Spam-A-Lot, starring Tim Curry up at the Palace Theatre right on Cambridge Circus. It's very entertaining and very funny. It's "lovingly ripped off" from the movie, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, with a few revisions here and there and a new major character in The Lady of the Lake.

I got the (not-so) restricted view seats for £35. E2, which is five rows from the front, the rightmost seat.

The songs were very interesting and catchy. A lot of metahumour and breaking the fourth wall. True to the spirit of Monty Python comedy. At one point, one of the actors couldn't help but snicker uncontrollably at what he came up with improvising a bit of dialogue. There's also the ever-reliable audience participation which could have been me (since the guy picked was sitting in front of me).

All-in-all, I would say that it was a very enriching theatre experience for now. I'm done with it for this trip. Indeed, it costs a lot but every pence piece is worth it.

2 comments:

barookie said...

thermal underwear will really help keep you warm!

if you're cold already, you can just imagine how worse it gets when winter really rolls in.

Unknown said...

Baka kunin ng Underpants Gnomes!

% We won't stop 'til we got underpants... %