Sunday, August 07, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

We've got movie sign!

We went to Shangri-La to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Really a heartwarming story with the weirdness and eccentricity of Johnny Depp's Willy Wonka portrayal.

We noticed that there were a lot of kids watching with us but no one was really annoying, and they all laughed at the appropriate comedic scenes. Kudos to the kids.

The trailers had some Harry Potter IV, Dukes of Hazzard and a Chinese movie involving Terra Cotta warriors as well as various TV commercials ('Ham nga!').

The movie itself is very entertaining. Good effects and visuals. Tim Burton stuff plastered everywhere. Likable characters, despicable characters, they have it.

After every movie I watch, I make it a habit to check the review to see if I have missed something (I may have mentioned it before, and I like repeating myself). Roger Ebert's review kept steering to the impression that Johnny Depp was imitating Michael Jackson. I have heard this theory before, but did not keep it into mind while I was watching. Never in the entire film did I ever think that it was a Michael Jackson performance. Joey thought it was more of a Dr. Evil-type delivery, and I agreed.

Watch this movie. It's a lot of fun!

--

I also learned where the band with the fleeting career called Veruca Salt got their name from.

--

We saw Patty Laurel in the mall. She's prettier than she is on TV. Maybe she's not a morning person. Anyway, not a lot of people know her except those who watch Breakfast (Supersize, groan) and those who used to watch MTV.

True enough, Joey and I had this short exchange:
Me: Hey, it's Patty Laurel.
Jo: Who?
'Nuff said.

--

We also saw this guy with an amusing t-shirt that said:
I'm a Virgin
(This is a very old shirt)
I'm over it now. Which means I stopped laughing a few hours ago. Snicker.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually, it was more of...

tonton: hey, it's patty laurel.
joey: where?
t: over there.
j: oh. who's she?

hee.

barookie said...

actually im curious, who is patty laurel as well. hehehe =)

Unknown said...

Who's that?

Hehe, just kidding.

Traveller said...

Hehe. Mostly yata, puro guys ang may kilala sa kanya. Oy! Naingit ako sayo so I got a pair of Nike Frees na din. So now, I just need to learn to play basketball! Hehe. BTW, check out the movie Crash. Cool yon

Unknown said...

Tara, basket!

Crash, eh? Hmmm, hanap nga ako. Don Cheadle movie?