Tuesday, August 09, 2005

TV gets some love

I finally brought my TV to the repair shop. The problem was the master switch which kept springing back to the off position. So I didn't have TV in my room for weeks now. I miss my morning shows, especially, The Simpsons reruns.

After getting it off the wall-mount in my room, and a few dusty hands later, we were on our way to the repair shop in Shaw Boulevard, right in front of Cherry Foodarama.


Gettin' some Love Posted by Picasa

This TV was the first big thing I bought with my salary at around 19 thousand at the time (2001). It's around 4 years give or take a week or two. I had to replace the remote with a universal one because the buttons aren't as responsive anymore.


No TV and no beer make Homer go crazy Posted by Picasa

So we bring the TV in, and this old guy comes and takes it apart testing signals with his PKE meter (or whatever his thing-a-ma-jig is called).


In surgery Posted by Picasa

After consulting his parts manual, he says that the entire component needs to be replaced. P1500.00. Good enough. Beats having to buy a new TV. I'll get it tomorrow after work then I'll resume being a bed potato.

No comments: