Wednesday, August 03, 2005

IF my memory serves me correctly...

Hey, Iron Chef's back on TV, this time on local channel, RPN 9. I think it's around 7PM, Wednesdays, though I'm not sure how often. Old ETC had this on Fridays, but not anymore, I guess.

Boy, those Japanese really could live and breathe campiness. I mean, look at this backstory:
The story behind Iron Chef was that an eccentric gourmet authority (Chairman Kaga) had specially constructed a cooking arena called "Kitchen Stadium" in his castle where visiting chefs would compete against his Gourmet Academy, led by his three (later four) Iron Chefs.
Hah! Hillarious!

Last night was the Lamb battle. I didn't watch it (TV's still broken), but I caught a glimpse of it while my dad was channel surfing.

For me the most entertaining challenger was that old lady that was supposed to be a sort of Martha Stewart of Japan, who challenged the Iron Chef Chinese, with the ingredient of the day, Potatoes (Pow-tay-toes). Normally, within one hour, competitors finish around three to four dishes. She cranked out seven unique potato dishes! She did all that while running around looking for the proper china or cookware.

--

Futurama did a parody of this show ("30% Iron Chef"), and the loser had to clean the dishes. Oh by the way, the ingredient was Soylent.



Bender competes in Iron Cook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

although I enjoy watching certain cooking shows, like iron chef, it's frustrating to see those delicious foods being prepared when you know you can't taste them after! haha.

which reminds me. we're watching charlie and the chocolate factory this saturday. buti na lang may chocolate ako sa bahay =9

Unknown said...

Cadbury Roast Almonds, a personal favorite!