Friday, May 26, 2006

I Can't Stand (XMen 3:) The Last Stand

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugggggggggggggh!

That was an ugly one!

I'm sorry, did I spoil it for you?

Oh man, I'm still reeling from watching that one.

(collect thoughts, collect thoughts)

(Deep breath)

I cannot look at this movie without looking at it in the context of the XMen comic mythos (at least up until I stopped collecting comics). How great those stories were. The Days of Future Past, Inferno, Fatal Attractions, The Age of Apocalypse, X-Tinction Agenda, The Dark Phoenix Saga... Believe me, they murdered the entire thing with this movie. How they bastardized it.

But don't let that stop you from watching it. You can still see the cool WETA Digital effects (the same people responsible for one of the greatest trilogy movies of all time, The Lord of The Rings), the steamy scenes, and the crappy script. Oh wait, scratch that last one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

talaga?! man I was looking so forward to it too. Speaking as a fellow Xmen comic collector of the past, Its hard to let go of the old characters and the story. hmmm well i have a long wait to go since September pa papalabas dito/

Unknown said...

Parati bang ganun diyan katagal magrelease ng blockbusters? Bakit, tinatranslate pa nila into Japanese or sinu-subtitle?

Anonymous said...

depends on priority and advertisment i guess. I think i read that before. x-men is not really mainstream pop culture here so i guess kelangan nila ibuild up. da vinci code was at the same time though so depende talaga. inis nga lang talaga!!!! sorry ngayon lang ako nakarespond hehe hows singapore?