Friday, May 26, 2006

Where the Treetops glisten...

So this'll be my home for a while (a month to be exact) until I find a more permanent (and a lot less impressive) place in Singapore. The complete address is:

Treetops Executive Residences
7 Orange Grove Road
Singapore 258355
Tel: +65 6887 0088
Fax: +65 6887 0066

It's right outside Orchard Road and around ten to fifteen minutes away from where I work (The Atrium@Orchard).

I'm supposed to start on June 5 but I'm arriving on Friday night, June 2, just to give myself time to adjust. It's Singapore Air, Business Class. Sweet!

--

If anyone wonders where I get my kakulitan, I had this conversation with my mom this morning.

Mom : Bahala ka
Me : Talagang bahala ako
Mom : Bahala ka
Me : Talagang bahala ako
Mom : Bahala ka
Me : Talagang bahala ako
Mom : Bahala ka
Me : Talagang bahala ako

(while walking away)
Mom : Bahala ka
Me : Talagang bahala ako

(off in the distance)
Mom : Bahala ka
...

--

This morning an expat surveyor from the moving company that was assigned for me was interviewing me on the personal belongings that I want shipped to Singapore. I'd just be shipping my other clothes, shoes, books and DVDs. Now those DVDs, as I mentioned, are the real sticky thing with this shipping thing. The safest DVDs I can bring are all seven seasons of The Simpsons (woohoo!), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: Seasons 5-7 (woohoo!), The Dave Matthews Band: The Central Park Concert (woohoo!), and not much else (d'oh!). Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ang kulit nyo ng nanay mo!!!! hahahhahahah :))

Unknown said...

Ang kulit!