Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Offseason and Whacking Day

Earlier tonight, my mom asked me how has it been since my last day at the office. It has been more than two weeks. It's also the first time in five years that I didn't receive anything in my bank account on a pay day. So in effect, all my cash withdrawals and Visa Electron charges are actually making me poorer every time.

My "monthlies" include: amortization for the car (which I am leaving soon), DSL bill (which I am leaving soon), cellphone bill (which I am holding on to for a while), camera "bill" (payable to my magnanimous father at low, low rates) and other miscellaneous expenses.

A lot of my expenses in the past few weeks (days even) are for new clothes. A few of which are t-shirts, collared shirts, sandos, shorts, and pants. Next up, a few new black pants, and long-sleeved shirts. My office attire is actually smart casual. Ssss-weet(-ah)!.

--

[in David Letterman voice] Hey kids, do you watch Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Edition?

Being a bum, you know, I thought I'd be able to watch it a lot more. Well, turns out, I still have better things to do. But I managed to watch this small bit in which I figured out what was going on in about five minutes. It was about this one guy participant and...himself, and trying not to be "tempted".

Ok, I don't really need to sanitize this. Yeah, we all watched There's Something About Mary. But how could you go on knowing that millions of people are watching you trying not to choke the chicken. Anyway, the show gave the guys a basketball for them to amuse themselves with. For a while, that is. How could the producers not expect this to happen? Or maybe they did. Anyway, it made for an amusing sequence including that part when they (questionably) were hinting what's going on with the girls, and the part where they were looking for corners of the rooms out of cameras' fields of vision. Heh, kids these days.

No comments: