Wednesday, May 24, 2006

A Shift in the Space-Time Continuum

That's it. I've officially screwed up my sleeping habits in the past few days. It's 2:40 AM right now and I'm wide awake (or at least, I just can't sleep). I've been awake this late for a few days now. I'd wake up at around 9:00 or 10:00 just because it's usually too hot to stay in bed and the sunlight's blinding me. In the afternoons, if I'm at home, I'd take a nap until right before dinner time. Then I'd be awake all night watching David Letterman (at 9:00 PM), the news or The Daily Show (at 10:00 PM), The Tonight Show (at 11:00 PM), Late Night with Conan O'Brien (at 12MN), Blind Date (at 1:00AM) and The Fifth Wheel (at 1:30AM). What a way to screw up my metabolism.

--

Now, TV's LOST will be airing their season two finale this week in the U.S. As far as I can tell, they've built up a lot of things since the start. I just hope the finale won't be a let-down. The audience is getting a bit weary of the entire mystery, they can't keep them for long.

--

In fact the wait for the LOST "reveal" parallels the wait that I have to do in real life. I've prepared all that I can, and now I'm just waiting for answers to trickle-in. It's very close now, but all I hear is deafening silence.

--

3:08 AM. Still awake.

--

I've also been downloading a few songs from new artists I hear in the radio, TV or the iTunes Music Store. The new entries to my trusty iPod are: Daniel Powter (you know, the "Bad Day" falsetto song), James Blunt (the Steve Nash look-a-like, also more falsetto songs), Jamie Cullum (He's gonna have a concert in Singapore next month), Gavin DeGraw, Kurtis Blow (I like old-school rap and I heard this one in the show Everybody Hates Chris), Mos Def (yeah, the guy who played Ford Prefect in the Hitchhiker's Guide movie. He rapped some in The Dave Chappelle Show.) Nelly Furtado (she's got a new song "Promiscuous" featuring Timbaland. I don't really dig it), and The Wreckers (they also have a new song "Leave The Pieces", which I heard on Leno).

Know any more good music?

--

The time now is 3:25 AM

...

3:30 AM. Hey That's 70s Show is on. I guess this'll be all for now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uy i like jamie cullum's version of "frontin'" -- originally a song by pharell. :)

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel - did that also during my bumming days. But I slept till noon, read some books till around 2 and then same schedule na with yours haha!

Try out Ray LaMontagne (Trouble, Forever My Friend) - he's somewhat folksy ha - and Death Cab for Cutie (I love the whole Plans album and I'm still downloading Transatlanticism).

Unknown said...

Thanks, missyosigirl!

Hi Niss! I don't know if I'll miss being a bum. I thought it would be all Hakuna Matata but you just can't escape from the world and its problems.

Thanks for the music advice! :D