Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Aqua Sock

We'll be going to Anilao, Batangas for the long All-Saints weekend. I've been warned that the beach is quite rough so I went out to buy aquasocks. I checked out Speedo in Podium. They sell these aquasocks for around P1295.00 (Toby's has the same kind and price).

They look like this:
I guess it does the job pretty well though I didn't try it on. I noticed that the little rocks or sand could get into the holes so I looked around some more. My officemate Randy tells me that I can probably get one from sports stores like Nike or Adidas, so we head to Nike Park.

Sure enough, there were nice ones there and that's where I finally bought a pair, which look like these:

Let me assure you that they aren't Nike brand Kung-fu shoes. I tried them on, they fit nicely. There's almost no way sand can get through except where I put my feet in (and that part's pretty tight). It has cushioning so soft that I can wear it on the beach or underwater and my feet will thank me for it. On the other hand, my wallet isn't thanking me for it. It's all right anyway, I don't buy stuff that much. [As I wrote that last sentence, I looked around in my room and saw 5 Nike boxes stacked up near the door (that'll be the Shox, Zoom Air Vapor, Free, AirForce One, and this one)].

This is the first thing I bought using my Ateneo Alumni credit card. Nike Park also gave me a frequent shopper card thing (D'oh!). It says, after I buy 4 more pairs of shoes, I get the 6th pair up to half the price (D'oh! D'oh!). Anyway, this thing's transferable (Woohoo! I think). I'll tackle my shopping habits in another post. Meanwhile, I'm all set for the weekend.

No comments: