Saturday, October 22, 2005

Corpse Bride / Wallace and Gromit

I have seen two delightful movies in the past two weeks: Corpse Bride and Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

Corpse Bride

Did you know this movie was a musical? Going into the theater, I didn't. The trailers for it pretty much established the story but the singing and the dancing was quite a surprise. The musical number was quite catchy sometimes although it does disrupt the flow of the story (then again, what musical number doesn't?...Wait, don't answer that). The movie was quite entertaining, and the animation superb. The story was a bit predictable though the humor works most of the time. I don't think this is still in cinemas at the time of this writing, but do try to catch it if you want to watch something light-hearted.

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

I didn't really know what to expect of this movie. I don't really know claymation outside of Gumby and Chicken Run. That is, I don't really know claymation.

I don't want to spoil the movie for anyone but I have to say that you should watch it. It's very funny and witty. There's comedy for both kids and adults, and everyone in between. The characters are adorable, especially Gromit who has more facial expressions than your average dog (then again, he's obviously no ordinary dog, even if he still walks on all fours). They both run a pest-control service called Anti-Pesto (Mmm...pesto) for an agriculture-centric community, initially infested by rabbits (also adorable). Go! Watch!

As an added bonus, there's a movie short based on the Madagascar penguins. I didn't see the Madagascar movie, and all I could say is that I don't like these penguins.

2 comments:

missyosigirl said...

huh? eh aliw nga yung penguins sa madagascar eh!

Unknown said...

Ewan ko lang. I guess I have to watch the Madagascar movie first :P