Friday, October 21, 2005

Video iPod

Now here's an iPod I would consider of thinking of trying to buy (see how hard it is to convince myself?). After giving us a lot of head-fakes, Steve Jobs finally announces the release of the Video iPod. The link I provided here is the arsTechnica review, a pretty comprehensive one, and it ends with them dissecting the unit.

Of all the iPod generations, including mini, shuffle and nano, I actually found myself wanting to buy one of these; yet there is still one important missing element: access to iTunes. Also, the fact that acquiring music and videos cost money. There is still ripping CDs and P2P but I find that I will probably get the most out of owning an iPod if I have a high-speed Internet access. That way, I can download podcasts (which hasn't grown on me yet) or occasionally purchase songs.

Despite the nudge it gave me to the direction of almost buying one, I still find that I don't need it. Again, maybe when I have money to burn. Make that, "if" I will have money to burn.

No comments: