Sunday, October 09, 2005

MBL Vector Cup Epilogue

So whatever happened to the MBL Vector Cup saga?

Anyway, the our record was 1-4, and we were outright eliminated. Sitting on the sidelines, I realized how important teamwork was, also moving without the ball and making plays for teammates. It was somebody else's job of course. I never had wished to be a coach, or even a star player, just a reliable role player. Of course I'd think a little more differently had I been about 5 inches taller.

So how did I do? I played 3 games out of five (the 3 middle games), shot 5-of-14, including 4-of-7 from beyond the arc (merits a brief one week stint on top of the 3pt % leaders). Decent Steve Kerr slash Fred Hoiberg numbers. I really need to develop an inside game, and a midrange shot. These two I just mentioned are very difficult to do since I usually play guard. Also need some upper body strength.

Company sportsfest is coming up in a month or two, I guess I better go back to weight training. But playing NBA Live 06 more satisfying (just kidding).

The hardest part is getting the ball rolling.

--

What did we get out of the MBL experience?

Spankin' new basketball jerseys and shorts.

2 comments:

barookie said...

with your 3 point range. a nice pump-fake should free yourself up! hehehehe!!!

Unknown said...

I don't do a good pump fake because I take time to aim my shot. I'd like to have a fast release like Ray Allen's or Michael Redd's.