Sunday, October 09, 2005

With the 1st pick in the Yahoo Fantasy Basketball Draft, the 12th Men select...Lebron James from Cleveland

So the guys at the office decided to play fantasy basketball (courtesy of Yahoo!). Wikipedia says,
A Fantasy sport is a game where fantasy owners build a team that competes against other fantasy owners based on the statistics generated by individual players or teams of a professional sport.
As you can guess by the title, I got the first pick, which I used to get the stat cruncher and phenomenal athlete, Lebron James. Other notables in my roster include Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Stephen Jackson, Carmelo Anthony and then of course, other two-bit role players. Everything's a gamble here. Hope I win overall in March, when the season ends. Oh yeah, money's involved :P

4 comments:

barookie said...

nice team. pretty balanced. though im sure you have some 3 point shooters as well on your team.

so much is the wager?

Unknown said...

It's 500 pesos per participant, I think the prizes go like:

1st - P3000.00
2nd - P2000.00
3rd - P1000.00

Anyway, 500 pesos for a year isn't bad.

Ronald Allan said...

I oughtta try that with some of my fellow NBA enthusiasts at work...:-)

Unknown said...

Yeah, even without money it's good fun. Try the Rottiserie type, that doesn't require much management.

Watch out for the injured players, though. I hope Lebron's injury doesn't hamper him from putting up monster numbers.