Thursday, October 06, 2005

NBA Live 06

I got myself a copy of the new NBA Live 06 game for PC. I like it a lot better than the previous ones. The main improvement that I think transcends all the rest is the Freestyle Superstar. Compared to the last one, NBA Live 2005, this adds swagger, and attitude. Why I just made Lebron James slam a one-hander in front of Kevin Garnett, and I mean SLAM! (and the accompanying hang on the rim for a few secs). Wouldn't you like Michael Redd to fire a bank shot? Or keep your arm up after shooting (a la The Shot, by Michael Jordan against Utah) Or a behind the back pass from Steve Nash. I could go on and on. Also it's easier to shoot mid-range jumpshots. I haven't thrown an alley-oop to myself, though. It's hard to do that even in practice. Blocking shots inside is a lot more difficult, so is stealing (other people find it easier)

Anyway, I prefer to play NBA Live in Dynasty mode,which for you who aren't familiar with it, is playing a franchise over many seasons. It includes trading players, signing contracts, and drafting rookies among others. My team of choice is also THE team to watch this 2005-06 NBA season, Cleveland Cavaliers with Lebron James, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones.

I'm gonna go find some complete PC controls for the Superstar Triggers. This game rules!

No comments: